Tour Operation Policies
These tours are sold and operated through Alaska Mountain Guides Adventures, Inc and Chilkat Guides Ltd.
- All guests will be required to sign an indemnification waiver prior to participation. For minors (under the age of 18), a legal guardian must sign the waiver in order for them to participate.
- The minimum group size for all tours is 4.
- In the rare occurrence that the minimum group size is not reached within 48 hours prior to the trip’s departure, the trip will be cancelled and full refunds will be provided.
- A full 100% refund will be provided if you cancel 14 days prior to your trip departure date.
- A 50% refund will be provided for cancellations between 14 days and 96 hours (4 days) prior to your tour departure.
- No refunds will be provided if you cancel within 96 hours (4 days) of the trip departure, or if you fail to show up within 5 minutes of your trip time.
- If you ship does not end up docking in port, you will receive a full refund.
- If your ship is late, please call us so that your tour time can be adjusted if needed. If an alternate tour time is necessary and either not available or not compatible with your schedule, you will receive a full refunded.
- If your trip is cancelled by Alaska Mountain Guides Adventures, Inc. or Chilkat Guides, Ltd.:
- All deposits and tour payments will be refunded in full. We will not be responsible for any costs associated with cancellations including, but not limited to: credit card fees, flight cancellation fees, flight change fees, and/or associated lodging and meal fees.
- Our guides will meet you under the Small Boat Harbor sign on Railroad Dock. A representative will arrive 15 minutes prior to the tour time to be sure to meet you, and take care of paperwork. You will be met by a representative with a “Skagway & Haines Excursions” sign. CLICK HERE to see a map pointing to this location.
- Following the tour, our drop-off options include: 7th Street or 4th Street (between Broadway and State), or the Small Boat Harbor on Railroad Dock..
For guests arriving in Skagway:
- You will meet your guide/representative on the Southeast corner of the main cruise ship dock in town in Portage Cove. If you are arriving on the pier, turn left after coming off of the pier, walk past the bathroom facility, and continue along the sidewalk towards the water’s edge to the far corner of the parking area. A representative will arrive 15 minutes prior to the tour time to be sure to meet you, and take care of paperwork. You will be met by a representative with a “Skagway & Haines Excursions” sign. CLICK HERE to see a map pointing to this location.
- Following the tour, drop off location will be at the same dock area.
For guests arriving in Haines:
Certain tours have restrictions in regards to height, weight or age. Please be sure to read the restrictions associated with your tour of choice to ensure that you will be able to participate. Unfortunately, we aren’t able to make exceptions for these restrictions.
Coats, wraps, umbrellas, cameras, handbags, traveling bags and similar personal articles remain at all times through the Excursion under the passenger’s custody and control. Be careful that you do not leave your possessions unattended at any time in the car or coach in which you are traveling. Certain excursions may involve water or heights. Tour operator is not responsible for lost or damaged items while on your excursion.